Nondiscriminating charities

Matt Jensen mattj@newsblip.com
Tue, 14 Aug 2001 12:06:45 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 14 Aug 2001, John Hall wrote:

> The killing fields of Cambodia resulted from a definition of
> justice that the AFSC would oppose (as would I and I trust everyone on
> this list).  They might even think it called for some decidedly
> non-Quaker efforts to oppose.  After the fact, of course.  Before the
> fact they opposed efforts to oppose such movements.

No, that's too broad.  The AFSC may oppose *violent* efforts to oppose
such movements, but they have their own methods they follow, whether you
think they're effective or not.  Anyway, I'm not sure what your point is
there. Are you saying AFSC is less non-violent than the Quakers? Based on
what, their opposition to the Vietnam War??  I'm confused.

> http://www.seattleweekly.com/features/0132/news-shapiro.shtml

This week's issue!  How timely :-)  An interesting article, thanks.

-Matt Jensen
 http://mattjensen.com
 http://NewsBlip.com
 Seattle