Don't do as I do, Do as I say! 8-)

rudy rouhana webtagz@yahoo.com
Thu, 16 Aug 2001 07:05:17 -0700 (PDT)

>       Microsoft's ownership of Hotmail has been fraught with embarrassments.
> After buying the free email service at the end of 1997, it was not until
> August 2000 that Microsoft finally migrated the system over to its own
> software, from alternative, and more popular, free software.

Ok, I may be totally off here, but I thought that Hotmail used to run on
Solaris.  That wasn't free at the time, and still isn't for commercial
purposes.

Also, how do you define "more popular"?  There are probably a 100 different
ways to slice and dice web application and server deployment statistics.
Depending on which you pick and choose, any number could claim "most popular"
status.

-Rudy