Audrey and a real operating system?

Meltsner, Kenneth Kenneth.Meltsner@ca.com
Sun, 19 Aug 2001 12:17:47 -0400

Tiger Direct, well-known purveyor of crud and EOL'd products, has the 3com Audrey on sale for $90 + $40 for an Ethernet USB adapter.

The specs are nice, but it looks like a sealed box for software.  Is there any way to shove software into this thing?  I like the touchscreen/640x480 resolution; it'd be a lot easier to set up as a slave display for my server than the Citadel (removed from service) plasma displays that are used for this sort of application.

OS is QNX.  There's a flash memory slot that's apparently reserved for expansion.

Ken Meltsner