[Mojonation-users] Collaboration and more decentralization in MojoNation? (fwd)

Mon, 20 Aug 2001 22:44:30 +0200 (MET DST)

-- Eugen* Leitl <a href="http://www.lrz.de/~ui22204/">leitl</a>
ICBMTO  : N48 10'07'' E011 33'53'' http://www.lrz.de/~ui22204

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 20:46:42 -0700 (PDT)
From: Kannan Goundan <kannan@cats.ucsc.edu>
To: support@mojonation.net
Subject: [Mojonation-users] Collaboration and more decentralization in Mojo
    Nation?

I have two questions about the concept you guys are testing in
Mojo Nation.

1) Can you build a "web of trust" so that you aren't dependant
   on your local blacklist of rogue brokers to protect yourself?
   Possibly a "blacklist server" that people could subscribe to
   that keeps track of all the punks that it's subscribers
   reported.

2) Is there any way to decentralize the token server?  Depending
   on one server (though permanent uptime isn't required) reminds
   me of the .NET problem.  I understand that this is a prototype
   and was wondering if there is the possibility of allowing
   different servers to act as banks and let users sign up with
   whichever place they want to.  For example, if Yahoo decided
   to become a "Mojo bank", my broker would tell people
   to make payments to (and take payments from) my Mojo account
   at Yahoo.  But then there would have to be some centralized
   way of regulating the banks, right?  I guess even in the real-
   world economy, the Government is like a central regulation
   server.

Thanks for reading.