linux kits for kids? (MS licensing zaps AU charity)

Stephen D. Williams sdw@lig.net
Tue, 21 Aug 2001 09:16:24 -0400

I was thinking the same thing.  I have a contact in the Alexandria
school systems that were using Linux on cheap diskless nodes, etc., for
their kids.

This could be a first project for Tech Scouts also.

The first thing to do is find the contact information for the charities
involved and start working out the logistics.  If we can find a donor to
get this off the ground, it would run itself.  It would make sense for
the school to pay a little to cover bootstrapping, but that is probably
too much red tape to pull off.

An appropriate press release that directly markets to schools and all
charities, and even those business that have been threatened by the SPA,
could get something running.

sdw