linux kits for kids? (MS licensing zaps AU charity)

Gary Lawrence Murphy garym@canada.com
21 Aug 2001 14:30:27 -0400

    S> The first thing to do is find the contact information for the
    S> charities involved and start working out the logistics.

    >> It would be a mitzvah, as well as a lovely piece of PR, to hook
    >> this charity up with some helpers and some working software so
    >> that they can get kids computing without the Big M.

Already done WRT this particular charity.  I wrote to the director, and
I gather so did hundreds of others offering opensource solutions.  Within
days we had the first confirmation that they were talking with top-tier
opensource solution providers.

This is just one more case (the recent slew of municipalities who've
received their BSA demands for MS-software audits are another) where I
believe we should all fax Bill Gates some flowers and thank him for
making our side of the restaurant that much bigger.