Usability and Software Fitness

Russell Turpin deafbox@hotmail.com
Tue, 21 Aug 2001 20:23:05 +0000

Tom Whore writes:
>The fatal conceit of the bizbiz is that everyone plays by the same rules
>and values. Sorry Charlie...taint the case. Theres more than one game being
>played and if your not happy with the one your in, theres always
>room at some of the other boards.

I agree, wholeheartedly. Ironically, a lot of people fail
once they have succeeded in business, and then find
themselves lost as to what to do next, or what use to
make of the money they have made.

My previous remarks were aimed at engineering within a
business context. And yep, the business of business IS
business. Only Adam Smith's invisible hand make business
broadly beneficial to society. I'm happy to discuss broader
goals, and engineering for those goals. Thank you for
pointing out the different contexts.

Russell