Advice for REST advocates

Dave Winer dave@userland.com
Thu, 23 Aug 2001 09:01:25 -0700

Your pitch would be a lot more palatable if there were some popular web apps
that implemented REST-oriented wires. Then we can do a real A-B comparison.
Unlike the old days, when apps were all locked boxes and we had to wait for
the developers to get motivated, today enough of them are open source so
that there's no good excuse for not providing a deployed proof of concept.

To give you an idea of how easy it is, yesterday I asked for an
implementation of the Blogger API, an XML-RPC interface, for LiveJournal,
and today it is available.

http://www.tswoam.co.uk/index.php?n_go=14

Dave