Advice for REST advocates

Henrik Frystyk Nielsen henrikn@microsoft.com
Thu, 23 Aug 2001 13:43:18 -0700

Lest it be forgotten, SOAP is a wire protocol with extensibility built
in at the core. There are no assumptions about the programming model or
platform used by anybody and you can define applications that are as
loosely or as tightly coupled as you like. In short - SOAP doesn't care
:)

Whether it makes sense or not, I think it would be pretty straight
forward to express  HTTP or DAV in SOAP while maintaining the exact same
application characteristics if one so desired.=20

Btw, why not have a SOAP GET?

Henrik