A problem for "Web as distributed programming paradigm"

Justin Chapweske justin@chapweske.com
Fri, 24 Aug 2001 00:22:45 -0500

>In answer to the second question, and approach
>to the first, let me offer one criterion of a true
>distributed programming paradigm: the distribution
>is transparent to the programmer. Linda has
>this quality. So, to an extent, does DCOM.

So the question becomes: What would it take to turn HTTP into Linda?
 The REST folks keep talking about how HTTP's powerful primitives are
all you need to get the job done, but where is TAKE?

Perhaps a more constructive question to ask is: Is there anything HTTP
can do easily that Linda can't?

--
Justin Chapweske, Lead Swarmcast Developer, OpenCola
http://www.swarmcast.com/