snip

Grlygrl201@aol.com Grlygrl201@aol.com
Sat, 25 Aug 2001 08:04:55 EDT

--part1_fc.b3875a4.28b8ee67_boundary

Bethany Mclean, Street Life, http://www.fortune.com/streetlife:

start. A NEW ACRONYM: Courtesy of Solly's Tobias Levkovich: "We are using the
acronym GRISLY (rather than "grizzly") when discussing bearishness. The "G"
stands for government interference, the "R" represents rates of interest, and
the "I" is inflation. The "S" represents a "Slam," an exogenous,
unanticipated variable (such as Iran's invasion of Kuwait.) The "L" is
liquidity, and "Y" is the economic term for income or profit." Well, I give
that an "A" for effort -- that one wasn't easy. Oh, and Levkovich says he's
not a "grisly" -- not yet, at any rate.  end

"... at any rate" takes on new meaning in your context, eh, Mr. Incremental
Greenspan?

Credit where credit is due,
Geege

--part1_fc.b3875a4.28b8ee67_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2>Bethany Mclean, Street Life, http://www.fortune.com/streetlife:
<BR>
<BR>start. A NEW ACRONYM: Courtesy of Solly's Tobias Levkovich: "We are using the
<BR>acronym GRISLY (rather than "grizzly") when discussing bearishness. The "G"
<BR>stands for government interference, the "R" represents rates of interest, and
<BR>the "I" is inflation. The "S" represents a "Slam," an exogenous,
<BR>unanticipated variable (such as Iran's invasion of Kuwait.) The "L" is
<BR>liquidity, and "Y" is the economic term for income or profit." Well, I give
<BR>that an "A" for effort -- that one wasn't easy. Oh, and Levkovich says he's
<BR>not a "grisly" -- not yet, at any rate. &nbsp;end
<BR>
<BR>"... at any rate" takes on new meaning in your context, eh, Mr. Incremental
<BR>Greenspan?
<BR>
<BR>Credit where credit is due,
<BR>Geege