Cross-post

Paul Prescod paulp@ActiveState.com
Sun, 26 Aug 2001 18:42:37 -0700

Dave Winer wrote:

> > As you have recently decided to do both GET/XML-style services and
> > XML-RPC services, maybe you could offer your opinion on the appropriate
> > circumstance for each.
>
> You drew an incorrect conclusion from that post.
>
> I have been creating systems around static and dynamic GET requests on XML
> for years.
>
> http://backend.userland.com/

Does that imply you HAVEN'T decided to use GET/URI recently and
therefore cannot express an opinion on when that style is appropriate?

The URL you cite says: " But much of the same content is available in
XML and in snippets of HTML, and thru XML-RPC and soon thru SOAP."

How do you decide when to make information available in GET-accessible
XML, in a custom XML vocabulary, in XML-RPC and SOAP? Do you just always
build all interfaces to all information "just in case"?
--
Take a recipe. Leave a recipe.