Cross-post

Dave Winer dave@userland.com
Mon, 27 Aug 2001 07:36:25 -0700

>>Also, are there any circumstances under which you would choose to expose
information as XML-RPC rather than SOAP?

Only in the past before we had the interop issues worked out in SOAP.

We implemented a higher-level interface in Frontier that allows us to create
interfaces as easily for both XML-RPC and SOAP as we could previously have
done for XML-RPC alone. So there are no circumstances that I've encountered
since then that would cause me to only use XML-RPC. Now we always use both.

When I used the word "interface" in the previous post I was thinking of the
kinds of scriptable application interfaces we used to create for local apps;
now we do that for Internet apps.

Dave