Random IM musings...

Tom tomwhore@wsmf.org
Mon, 27 Aug 2001 11:04:24 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 25 Aug 2001, carey wrote:

--]Don't forget the added disbenefit that most IM's now provide a level
--]of advertising spam and nusiance that either a) didn't exist in the
--]MUD/BBS space, or b) If it did exist it was controllable (IRC).

IM's , the commerical entities, have always been about adspace,
product placement and things other than communication. Which is why, other
than brief times of having to use it causeparts of my faimly cant or wont
learn how to use IRC, I hold it in contempt.

Back to roots and things that work.

"It's Not A Put Down I Put My Foot Down And Then I Make Some Love, I Put
My Root Down We're Talking Root Down, I Put My Root Down And If You Want
To Battle Me, You're Putting Loot Down I Said Root Down, It's Time To
Scoot Down I'm A Step Up To The Mic In My Goose Down" BB