REST Questions

Mike Dierken mike@DataChannel.com
Mon, 27 Aug 2001 12:45:19 -0700

------_=_NextPart_001_01C12F30.CD7E32A0

> There was a nice design principle that was held to in DAV, that the
> server controls the URL space, and the client doesn't make up funny URLs.
> And that servers shouldn't be forced to assign URLs for things
> unnecessarily.

Does this mean the server assignes the actual names? Or that it 'controls'
the resources bound to those names?
It's silly that I don't know this - it's fundamental and very important who
controls the name, client or server.

If the server assigns names to resources, how do you create/author
references to them before they are assigned?

I probably misunderstand something here.

Mike

------_=_NextPart_001_01C12F30.CD7E32A0

RE: REST Questions