REST: everything old is new again?

Tom tomwhore@wsmf.org
Mon, 27 Aug 2001 18:35:23 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 27 Aug 2001, Jeff Bone wrote:

--]
--]Well, maybe that's as good a definition as any. :-)  Actually, I
--]think REST is kinda like the elephant, and we're all blind men
--]groping around:  "it's a tree!"  "No, it's a snake!"  "No, it's a
--]wall!"  "No, dammit, I'm telling you, it's a pile of wet sand!"
--](Woops, that last one wasn't feeling the elephant per se, rather a
--]little present it dropped. ;-)

We all may be blind but some are defintley more blind than others. Im
learning a heck of a lot from the whole REST thread, the wiki and the
practicle examples thereof.

For me REST is a great learning experience that actualy describes
something I use everyday. SOme of the other things mentioned in the thread
and elsewhere seem more things of construciton for thier sake or for the
sake of a particular set of tasks based on the egomindset of one
viewpoint.

The one thing I like about ya JB, at least when it comes to REST, you got
an open mind enough to cop to it not being all things to all people, the
new cureall or something so vitaly important Im an idiot if I dont see
what you see.

Now talk about smoking or kids and your a closed minded little \. troll:)-

Anyway, Ill give it a REST.

-tomrest