Is design reuse is a sign of our failure ?

Jeff Bone jbone@jump.net
Tue, 28 Aug 2001 11:03:00 -0500

Russell Turpin wrote:

> On Tue, 28 Aug 2001, Adam L. Beberg wrote:
> >BTW, too much code is now in Java or Perl, what's next? ..
>
> I'd vote for Python. There are some other nice alternatives,
> but Python seems to be the best positioned to replace Perl
> with something good.

Python's already too mainstream to be truly cool. If you can find help wanted
ads for programmes with experience in a given language, it's already passe.
;-)  If you want really avante garde, it's Rebol (but that's hoakum 'cuz it's
proprietary) or Ruby.  P's are done for.  It's all about the R's now.

(I'm at that point where I no longer care about being hip and trendy;  I
personally hope that most of my future development from now on can be done in
Python --- it's a hell of a workhorse --- but without progressive typing,
parameterizable polymorphism, and type-driven overloading / dispatch that
might be kinda hard.  )

jb