Is design reuse is a sign of our failure ?

Tom tomwhore@wsmf.org
Tue, 28 Aug 2001 13:58:43 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 28 Aug 2001, Russell Turpin wrote:

--]When it comes to languages, Voltaire was right: the
--]best is the enemy of the good. Haskell or Ruby may
--]be neater, but when the alternative is Perl, or even
--]Java, it's time to jump on the good bandwagon.
--]

I was never one to want to stuff myself in a overcorwded bandwagon full of
clueonless strap hangers.

Picking a good tool should not be like rooting for a baseball team. I want
the tool that does the best of what I require, not that it has the coolest
tshirts.

I just grabbed the ruby docs a couple of days ago. So far I really like
what I see. Python  is still my fave at the moment if for no other reason
than zope.

Tools change over time, the tasks are what drive that.

-tom