Purchase this Article

Thu, 30 Aug 2001 08:02:49 -0700

So I always go to visit US News, Fortune, Business Week, whatever. I go
to Google, look up and article, find out it's been archived.   US News
offers to let me purchase this article for $5 from their archive.

I weigh the differences.  Okay, I'll do the right thing.  I click on
purchase this article and get a popup window in the corner doing something
I can't figure out and then a larger popup window that

  "You do not have cookies enabled in your browser or you are on a network that does not
  allow cookies to be written to your local machine.

  You must have cookies enabled in order to successfully register and view articles in the
  archives."

I was already pissed today that almost all forms that people build on Web
sites require javascript turne on now to POST them, but that's not something
you find out until you actually hit the submit button and lose all of your edits.

I flip a big fat bird to US News, hit the back button twice and click on the
cached copy at Google.   Google deserves every freakin' dime they have and in
fact, if they suddenly decided to start charging me $5/month instead of $5 for
one stupid article, I'd do it in a second.

Greg

Gregory Alan Bolcer, CTO   | work: +1.949.833.2800 | gbolcer at endeavors.com
Endeavors Technology, Inc. | cell: +1.714.928.5476 | http://endeavors.com