aristotle abuse

Wayne Baisley wbaisley@megapathdsl.net
Fri, 30 Nov 2001 16:58:53 -0600

> be Epicurus, IMO a much better analogy anyway

A little before I started there, my Fermilab boss Frank Nagy [0]
developed a new control system for the accelerator ring.  It was called
Epicure, not because of any lifestyle philosophy.  It was so named
because the system it replaced was called EPIC.

Cheers,
Wayne

[0] the only person I know to ever write a VMS (or any other OS) device
driver and have it work on the first attempt.  He did eventually release
a version 1.1 to add some new features.  I think of Frank as a kind of
Hungarian Rohit.