It's politics, not technology (was: "IT" is finally unveiled)

Damien Morton morton@dennisinter.com
Mon, 3 Dec 2001 13:32:42 -0500

Can anyone picture an all-mechanical segway?

>From The Register http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/54/23155.html

"And anyway, they'll be banned from municipal sidewalks the split second
some 18-month-old toddler gets crushed and paralyzed for life. Teenagers
will re-jigger them, make them go very fast, and break their necks in
Extreme Ginger exhibitions in front of admiring babes, leading to
further restrictions by official killjoys. Small children will ride them
down stairs, to very bad outcomes. And dogs will chase them
relentlessly."

"For dogs, surely, Ginger is proof of God's infinite love and
generosity. For the rest of us, it's an amusing novelty, possibly a fad,
but we don't quite see, as Steve Jobs reportedly did, cities being
designed around it. "

Damien Morton, Technical Director, Dennis Interactive

"Why is the moon more important than the sun?"
"Because we need the light more at night!"
-- Nasredin
=20