Cloning and Politics

Robert Harley robert.harley@inria.fr
Tue, 4 Dec 2001 01:26:08 +0100 (MET)

>Here's the proof that the fertility clinic and the
>parents consider THAT the issue

Proof, my arse!  As if anything ressembling proof or certainty existed
in this area!

>After the parents have successfully
>had all the children they desire, or tired of failed
>attempts, the remaining embryos typically get discarded.

Shit happens.  It's not like the parents could reasonably be expected
to have a dozen children in a row.  If you figure that you have to
destroy some lives to create/save some others, like say kill a bunch
of collateral Afghans to save some God-fearin' Americans, presumably
that does not imply that you think that killing those Afghans is about
the same as trodding on some ants.