They essentially IGNORED the really BIG story...

Adam L. Beberg beberg@mithral.com
Mon, 3 Dec 2001 19:36:50 -0800 (PST)

On Mon, 3 Dec 2001, Reza B'Far wrote:

> I looked at the study and they don't know what the long term effect is on
> the wear and tear on your body.
>
> If I don't sleep for two days, I might get by with a cat nap here and there,
> but my joints hurt, I can physically move about half (or worse) as fast as I
> do otherwise, and my strength goes to about half or less too.

My spine needs 8+

> I doubt that you can do this without side effects.  We are more than mental
> beings.  We're pretty physical.
>
> But I'm sure we'll see :-)

This will be _thee_ new geek/dance drug of choice within weeks if this is
true. They will need to ship it to the valley by the truckload!

Employers can expect the 12h workday to be the norm withing months. They
will put it in the water. Why pay all that insurance and payroll tax on 3
employees when you only need 2 drugged up ones! Jeff is right, this is HUGE.

> It would be awesome though if we truly didn't have to sleep!

Nah, sleep is critical, we all know it cause i'm sure everyone on FoRK
pushes it too far all too often.

- Adam L. "Duncan" Beberg
  http://www.iit.edu/~beberg/
  beberg@mithral.com