usenet for all time

owen@sunserver.permafrost.net owen@sunserver.permafrost.net
Tue, 11 Dec 2001 16:54:04 -0400

On Tue, Dec 11, 2001 at 03:11:29PM -0500, Lucas Gonze wrote:
> http://www.google.com/googlegroups/archive_announce_20.html
>
> man, it gives me the willies to see my postings from ten years ago archived and
> public.  Even back then I was conscious of this stuff all being permanent, but,
> ow, it's still whack to see that post about the Martian Manhunter from '94
> Google up next to my name.  Overall it makes my online writing more stiff -- I
> wonder how this post will strike prospective employers in '11?  How do people
> convince themselves to use bad words on FoRK, knowing that every one is
> archived?

Employers rarely check references, you think there going to do usenet searches?
On the other hand its nice you can point to proof of your experience. It says
on your resume you have 10 years blah experience - yessir, and
here's the URL of my first newbie question - August 1991, hahahh!

My top ten list of rap albums didn't age as well as my top 5 movies.
(From 1994):
1. Short Cuts
2. The Graduate
3. Pulp Fiction