No subject

Kragen Sitaker kragen@canonical.org
Tue, 11 Dec 2001 16:49:31 -0500

Lucas Gonze writes:
> man, it gives me the willies to see my postings from ten years ago
> archived and public.  Even back then I was conscious of this stuff
> all being permanent, but, ow, it's still whack to see that post about
> the Martian Manhunter from '94 Google up next to my name.  Overall it
> makes my online writing more stiff -- I wonder how this post will strike
> prospective employers in '11?  How do people convince themselves to use
> bad words on FoRK, knowing that every one is archived?

I don't know about other people, but for my part, I'm hoping that
prospective employers that have the fucking perseverance to read my
posts will also have the fucking intelligence to see my profanity in
context, and hopefully fucking apprehend the sense of what I write and be
turned on by it instead of being turned off by the fucking presentation.

I understand that there will be some fucking employers who will conclude
that only an asshole would write the way I do, but I suspect that only
a minority of them will come to this conclusion as a result of bad words.

It's interesting to see my posts from 1993, 1994, 1995 archived on Google.
(Although there are a lot more posts from 1999.)