usenet for all time

Jeff Bone jbone@jump.net
Tue, 11 Dec 2001 16:21:00 -0600

Lucas Gonze wrote:

> http://www.google.com/googlegroups/archive_announce_20.html
>
> man, it gives me the willies to see my postings from ten years ago archived and
> public.

They seem to be missing some of my early r.a.poems gnartiness, thank god for that,
maybe those bits are lost forever to the swirlings mists of entropy.  One can hope,
anyway.

> Even back then I was conscious of this stuff all being permanent, but,
> ow, it's still whack to see that post about the Martian Manhunter from '94
> Google up next to my name.  Overall it makes my online writing more stiff -- I
> wonder how this post will strike prospective employers in '11?  How do people
> convince themselves to use bad words on FoRK, knowing that every one is
> archived?

Welcome to the Surveillance Society.  You can't possibly be more embarrassed than
the next guy over, so it works out.  ;-)

jb