IT in a previous live

Luis Villa louie@ximian.com
12 Dec 2001 12:53:30 -0500

On Wed, 2001-12-12 at 12:55, Russell Turpin wrote:
> Luis Villa:
> >People walking to work aren't the target market yet.
>
> People who walk to work will NEVER be the target market.
> They're just not interested. They already have a far
> better commute than anything Segway can provide.

Maybe if they live in a city where they have an active choice between
walking, public transit, and cars it's a far better commute. In
locations where public transit is not an option (i.e., most of the
country) and parking stinks (i.e., a lot of the country) then once the
cost comes down I think segway will be a very attractive alternative for
a lot of people who are too lazy to walk (i.e., most of the country.)
Luis