Cloning and Politics

Jeff Bone jbone@jump.net
Wed, 12 Dec 2001 15:36:23 -0600

Robert Harley wrote:

> There's a step from "complete bullshit" and "absolutely false" to
> "they were found in mice before".

You're right!  Only slightly more rigorously, those steps can be described as:

    "they were found in mice before" --> "your claim is absolutely false"
    "your claim is absolutely false" = "what you said is complete bullshit"
.:  "they were found in mice before" --> "what you said is complete bullshit"

Again, this argument rests on a fairly narrow and context-free reading of what you said.
That's as close as you're going to get to a retraction from me. ;-)

>   "Extension of Life-Span by Introduction of Telomerase into Normal Human Cells"
>   Bodnar, Ouellette, Frolkis, Holt, Chiu, Morin, Harley, Shay, Lichtsteiner and Wright
>   Science, 16 January 1998 (*)

Yawn, that one again.

;-)

$0.02,