NYTimes.com Article: U.S. Warning of Death Toll From Obesity

Adam L. Beberg beberg@mithral.com
Fri, 14 Dec 2001 16:21:32 -0800 (PST)

On Fri, 14 Dec 2001, sateesh narahari wrote:

> I wonder if someone will sue McDonald's for all that fattening food :-).
> Obviously McDonald knew French fries and their serving size are dangerous to
> consumer's health, right?

If McD's fries are dangerous, then BK's new fries should just outright kill
you. Their grease-sponge coating is amazing.

> Next turn Lays potato chips, after that CNN, HBO for making us couch
> potatos.

Next you'll be trying to sue MTV for making kids braindead, or AOL for
changing the standard greeting from "hi" to "A/S/L". Then again they did
hire Miss Spears to teach girls that covering your skin is bad.

They are just trying to breed better consumers. Fatter is better. Lazy is
good. With something you need a daily pill to treat is ideal! (has anyone
else noticed noone has actually cured anything lately, only announced a
daily pill for). Even the hard alchohol ads are coming back to TV on
saturday. - "Do you really want to wait for her to drink several beers? Use
Vodka. Get laid. Make little consumers."

- Adam L. "Duncan" Beberg
  http://www.iit.edu/~beberg/
  beberg@mithral.com