Humanity, and why my cynical view has reformed ... a little

Grlygrl201@aol.com Grlygrl201@aol.com
Mon, 17 Dec 2001 06:44:34 EST

In a message dated Mon, 17 Dec 2001  3:04:38 AM Eastern Standard Time, carey <carey@tstonramp.com> writes:

> Humans do provide for small miracles.  I've met a variety of folks (at
> the sushi bar that I regularly frequent, and went to today, I
> conversed with folks of such varying degrees, and unbelievable
> similarity, that I couldn't help myself from admiring them all), and I
> want to meet more.  The slow idea that people aren't al the same,
> aren't all predictable masses that I was taught in school to believe
> -- that they function independently, simply and beautifully as pieces
> of a very large puzzle - these ideas make me realize why my cynicism
> kills.

"Of the younger wines, the elegantly stylish 1997 Goldeneye was easily everyone's favorite.  To my taste, the Pepperwood Springs Estate '97, though quite different, was its equal.  But it was a controversial wine with an earthy, woodsy aroma lurking behind its bold Pinot Noir front.  Those who like the clean, straightforward fruit more typical of California denounced it rather heatedly as a flawed wine.  But then there are those who can look at an El Greco painting and see only the artist's alleged astigmatism."

CALIFORNIA'S ARCADIA, ANDERSON VALLEY by Gerald Asher
Gourmet, February 2000

Geege