W3C TAG

Mr. FoRK fork_list@hotmail.com
Sat, 22 Dec 2001 23:13:25 -0800

> I wonder if there's a way to model SUBSCRIBE as a combination of existing
> methods?
Sure... model current GET requests as a request for the accumulation of
state from T(zero) backwards, and add a new header allowing you to 'get the
future'. You can use this header to specify how far into the past to GET as
well as how far into the future to GET.  A GET on the future is a SUBSCRIBE.

Some people say dynamism is an illusion, but I say dynamism is reality. The
Web is a hyper-grove continually in the state of construction. (I need more
eggnog.... that almost made sense)