Doin' our bit

Robert Harley harley@argote.ch
Sun, 23 Dec 2001 16:09:56 +0100 (CET)

Probably just hurting a perfectly legitimate deal.  Sigh.

Dear [...deleted...],

Thank you for your interest in ArgoTech's ECPC product.

As you are aware, its principal purpose is to generate secure keys
for use in elliptic-curve cryptography.

Due to the possibly sensitive nature of this application, we only
sell ECPC to clients in countries that are members of the OECD;
see for instance:

  http://www1.oecd.org/about/general/member-countries.htm

Unfortunately, Pakistan is not currently a member and as a result
we decline to export our technology there at the present time.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience that this may cause you.

Regards,
  Robert Harley, for ArgoTech.