RSS for Dummies

Eirikur Hallgrimsson eh@mad.scientist.com
Sun, 23 Dec 2001 19:41:30 -0500

Well, I responded directly to Ken with a pointer to the RSS articles at
O'Reillynet.   Got a bounce from fork-noarchive@xent, by the way.

http://www.oreillynet.com/search/index.ncsp?sp-q=rss&search=search

Maybe this is a good discussion to have on-list, anyway, because the lead
article at O'Reillynet talks all about My Netscape, and contains a link to
the "obscure" means for adding channels that come from DMOZ
or other non-Netscape sources.

Well, well.  That link is dead.  There is a topic on DMOZ, and it has a
list of channels, but the links to add them to your "My Netscape" page are
dead.

Googling on "Add this page to My Netscape" doesn't find hits.

What's happened?  Did Netscape bail for liability reasons (linking to
controversial content)?

Eirikur (Not an RSS user, but recalling a lot of FoRK traffic about RSS)