RSS for Dummies

Jeff Barr jeff@vertexdev.com
Sun, 23 Dec 2001 22:59:35 -0800

Come on down to http://www.syndic8.com

We have over 3800 verified live news feeds, with another 1500 on deck
awaiting approval. The Syndic8 poller visits each site every 6 hours and
measures freshness (number of new headlines), quality (site availability
and responsiveness) and more. We hand-check (using tools on the site)
each and every feed before approving it. We are working to assign
categories to all feeds, using a model which allows each feed to be
categorized against one or more categorization schemes (e.g. DMOZ).

We also have a documents collection (http://www.syndic8.com/documents.php)
with links to all kinds of great syndication-related documents. You will
probably find what you need there.

There's a complete XML-RPC interface to the site
(http://www.syndic8.com/services.php).

Finally, we are collecting a list of sites that we would like to see
syndicated.
We hope to let loose a squad of Syndic8 "evangelists" to approach these
sites, teach 'em about syndication, and get their feeds into our database.

You can also join the [syndication] and [syndic8] lists at Yahoo Groups.

Jeff;