HTTP callback scheme?

Gavin Thomas Nicol gtn@rbii.com
Mon, 24 Dec 2001 11:59:24 -0500

On Sunday 23 December 2001 02:26 am, Gordon Mohr wrote:
>(2) You do an HTTP request against that location,
>      but include a callback address on a header,
>      for example a real HTTP URL like:

I suggested something like this as an alternative means for file upload (at
around the time Larry came up with it). My thought was that instead of
transmitting the file, you'd send the URL... and then the server could come
and fetch the file from you. That way, only requested data is ever sent.

I'm surprised this hasn't taken off... it can be made quite secure pretty
easily...