HTTP callback scheme?

Adam L. Beberg beberg@mithral.com
Tue, 25 Dec 2001 12:14:43 -0800 (PST)

On Mon, 24 Dec 2001, James Hong wrote:

> and the most compelling reason... That's how it is today. It's very hard to
> get people to shift from an all-you-can-eat model to a metered model. People
> don't like change, and they hate having a freedom (freedom not to have to
> think about how much you are using) taken away.

Wait a minute... does anyone on a flat rate allow ANY server activity at
all? Lets ignore the stuff they can't catch _yet_, and look at the terms of
service. (see slashdot etc. for a list of things they close off each month)

So this whole discussion is moot. If I cant serve it's pointless. The ISP's
dont care if you suck it down as long as the server pays that $5/GB. I must
have been under the mind altering effects of sunlight some posts back.

So I say: You will have the choice of metered or a TRUELY serverless
connection. No port 80, napter, gnutella, nothing.

> I'd be interested in hearing what Clay has to say about this

Paging Mr Godwin! Hitler! Nazi! Noooooooooooooo....

- Adam L. "Duncan" Beberg
  http://www.iit.edu/~beberg/
  beberg@mithral.com