Open source and NIH

Adam L. Beberg beberg@mithral.com
Sun, 30 Dec 2001 09:50:46 -0800 (PST)

On 30 Dec 2001, Gary Lawrence Murphy wrote:

> What we need to remember, however, is that open source software is
> not (necessarily) about having a business plan, not any more than
> having a webpage is about having a cost/benefit objective.  oss
> is an open thing (surprise, surprise) with no central authority
> or market niche forces to mold it. In a universe of sufficient
> size, all possibilities are true.

Damnit Gary... it's... about saving... the universe... from the evil forces
of... capitalism... Using the powers of... the source.. that noone... but
Scotty... can read... So what color... is my... alien chick... this
episode?</kirk>

- Adam L. "Duncan" Beberg
  http://www.iit.edu/~beberg/
  beberg@mithral.com