Fuel Cells

Fri, 20 Jul 2001 08:00:33 -0700

Fuel cells and hybrid micro-turbine generators and fuel cells run
anywhere from 50-80% efficiency versus a centralized powerplant
that does about 40-45%.   The cost of a production fuel cell in California is
broken up like this:

    $15,000 : Manufacturing & Equipment costs
    $150,000 :  Cost of hardware crap they have to put
         on to appease the over-regulation put in place by
        the California utilities who don't want to lose their
        central control over power production.

Fuel Cell, Inc. and Capstone are my two favorite energy stocks.
We have the NFCRC (National Fuel Center Research Center)[1]
which again provided fuel for my theory that Irvine is the I Ching.

Greg

[1] http://www.nfcrc.uci.edu/