Blind Geronimo (was Re: Will we ever not be at war?)

Grlygrl201@aol.com Grlygrl201@aol.com
Mon, 1 Oct 2001 07:30:58 EDT

--part1_12e.55e1794.28e9adf2_boundary

In a message dated 9/26/01 1:12:07 PM Eastern Daylight Time, jbone@jump.net
writes:

> Double ditto.  It also bodes ill for the country's ability to sustain morale
> and
> support if goals and objectives aren't clearly set...  this feels a lot
> more like
> Vietnam on some dimensions than, say, WWII.
>
> jb

In that we'll package and sell this war as a defense of a democracy?  Well,
we may aid the Northern Alliance against the Taliban, but there is no
implicit goal of democratizing Afghanistan.

Re marketing and packaging, I was thinking we should allow private
sponsorship for this war.  It presents an unparalleled naming opportunity.
Imagine: "The Microsoft Offensive (aka "The Gates of Hell").  Or "The Dell
Endeavor" (for the alliterative quality).  Individual initiatives could be
had for those will less deep pockets: "The Inktomi Invasion," for example.
Stocks would be the equivalent of war bonds and the buying of them to fund a
war more directly patriotic than the holding on of them to avoid a recession.

Just 'cause,
Geege

--part1_12e.55e1794.28e9adf2_boundary