How can this be justified?

Russell Turpin deafbox@hotmail.com
Mon, 01 Oct 2001 19:19:34 +0000

John Hall writes:
>It even pays to be careful about the words.  When Lincoln said "Free Labor"
>he didn't mean what the Libertarians mean when they use the phrase.

I had always assumed that Lincoln used this phrase to
distinguish the labor of free men from the labor of
slaves. Are you suggesting he meant something else?

Or maybe I misunderstand what you think libertarians
mean by this phrase? (I don't see this phrase much in
modern libertarian writing, since that isn't a large
issue today. So maybe there is some odd usage strange
to me?)

Russell