How can this be justified?

Jeff Bone jbone@jump.net
Tue, 02 Oct 2001 09:53:46 -0500

Paul Prescod wrote:

> Now if you were a [Jewish] Israeli, would you feel comfortable thinking
> your
> kids or grandkids might live in a mostly-Arab state...?

To illustrate just how pea-brained this is, let's substitute a few words as
such:  Israeli <-- American, Arab <-- "Black", Jewishs <-- "White."

"Now if you were an White American, would you feel comfortable thinking your
kids or grandkids might live in a mostly-Black state...?"

Welcome to Idaho.  (Thanks, but no thanks.)

Now, we get all up in arms whenever anyone else in the world pulls this kind
of crap, why do we let the Israelis get away with it, indeed, support them
in doing so?  Residual guilt over not getting into WWII quick enough, or not
opening up the gates fast enough?  Do the sins of the fathers really need to
be visited on the sons, and for how many generations?

For that matter, why do the Jews need a "homeland"?  Why does anyone need a
"homeland" in this day and age?  Do the Irish practice apartheid?  Is the
Navajo nation a fortified, segregated piece of land within our territorial
borders?

jb