NYTimes: email from Israel

Grlygrl201@aol.com Grlygrl201@aol.com
Tue, 2 Oct 2001 11:31:43 EDT

--part1_163.1c333fb.28eb37df_boundary

In a message dated 10/2/01 2:30:35 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
deafbox@hotmail.com writes:

> The answer is: it should
> be neither. Land shouldn't be Muslim or Jewish.
> Governments shouldn't be Muslim or Jewish. People
> should be whichever they choose to be.

more shoulds per square inch between you and jeff, and no demonstrable
understanding of what being a jew means to a jew.  judaism is not something
they tack on after your nationality, as a subset.  it is genetic, passed down
thru the mother. it is a belief in being the, not a, chosen people (why else
would physiological heritage matter?).

i know exactly where you've drawn your line: fine and well, you say, but why
do we have to (literally) buy into their beliefs?  because they won't change
them, we do what is pragmatic: nation build.

(just slipped on wet tile and hyperflexed my knee - i'm sure i've either torn
or stretched the medial meniscus or bruised a bone.  owie and fuck.)

--part1_163.1c333fb.28eb37df_boundary