NYTimes: email from Israel

Damien Morton morton@dennisinter.com
Tue, 2 Oct 2001 14:49:01 -0400

I'm using it exactly as i intended, Jeff.  Substitute "practical."  I
didn't get to finish my thought on lineage because took a bodily damage
break, but I was beginning to explain why Jews are not exactly like
Babtists or Catholics or Mormons, who's belief system does not
incorporate the value "homeland."  =20

Does it make them closer to Australian Aboriginals, New Zealand Maoris,
and/or Native North and South Americans then? Only with nukes.

Heres my question then: is there a universal principle that can be
gleaned from the existance of Israel?

Does the Israeli right-to-exist then apply to other disposessed peoples?

Is a chosen-people mythology and a book all that is required?
What constitutes a legitimate attachment to 'land'?