NONE

carey carey@tstonramp.com
Tue, 02 Oct 2001 15:17:54 -0800

I had to reread what I said to get your context:

Here's what I actually said:

I don't remember reading that he said that ... IN FACt, the mix between

assimilation and cultural heritage is what makes this a pretty damn sexy

nation.

which I wholeheartedly agree with.

Youquoted me saying :

Perhaps you can't.  But I think there's still a lot more logic in the
sensible secular government idea thrown around by Russell /Jeff than
having a discriminatory system that is apparently and obviously NOT
WORKING.

Which I also agree with.  I don't see the dichotomy of those statements.
  Having a rich cultural heritage is good, having it be run by a
religious government is bad.  ERgo why the US system is something I dig,
 but I can't possibly understand a rigid, religiously based political
system that is neither rich, but instead is very segregated, rigid and
boring.

Not calling Jews or the state of Jewishness boring per se, but its my
general philosophy that the more you lump together the better the
environment is.  Israel (at least in the context of these conversations,
 and my limited knowledge ) is rather happy just being jewish.  Good for
 them, but I don't necessarily like it