NONE

carey carey@tstonramp.com
Tue, 02 Oct 2001 15:48:54 -0800

Geege said..

but what matters to us as americans is that we honor what they like
rather than impose what we like.  to what degree we decide to honor is
the debate.

Do you honestly believe this?  If so, I have a few history lessons.
Germany, Japan, most of South America (re drugs), Russia, China... the
list can continue

In each case we have hinted, forced or otherwise imposed what we like
unto the situation.  Sometimes this has been good (we've stopped human
rights abuses, we've destroyed some of the mass inequality that
prevailed, or removed slavery) othertimes, its been purely political or
in my opinon selfish (Kosovo, Iraq).  Could you honestly consience a
country where rampant abuses were going on (the people were starving,
denied rights and utterly destroyed by the ruling government -- probably
 numerous examples that my migrane brain isn't coming up with ) and we
sat by with your mentality of 'we need to honor what they like'?

I couldn't.