NYTimes: email from Israel

Grlygrl201@aol.com Grlygrl201@aol.com
Tue, 2 Oct 2001 21:33:07 EDT

--part1_150.1ee1a8a.28ebc4d3_boundary

In a message dated 10/2/01 9:27:29 PM Eastern Daylight Time, sdw@lig.net
writes:

> We can decide, with at least some degree of self-critical neutrality,
> that a certain practice or belief is 'superior'.  Of course superiority
> has to be measured on various axis, but this isn't too hard when
> comparing cultures, beliefs, and practices.  It's also not too hard in
> many cases to sort those ideas into more and less primitive.  Do I
> really need to point out examples?

sure, go for it.  with self-critical neutrality, why don't you list in
descending order of superiority some cultures, beliefs and practices?

geege

--part1_150.1ee1a8a.28ebc4d3_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2>In a message dated 10/2/01 9:27:29 PM Eastern Daylight Time, sdw@lig.net writes:
<BR>
<BR>
<BR><BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE style="BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px solid; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">We can decide, with at least some degree of self-critical neutrality,
<BR>that a certain practice or belief is 'superior'. &nbsp;Of course superiority
<BR>has to be measured on various axis, but this isn't too hard when
<BR>comparing cultures, beliefs, and practices. &nbsp;It's also not too hard in
<BR>many cases to sort those ideas into more and less primitive. &nbsp;Do I
<BR>really need to point out examples?</FONT><FONT  COLOR="#000000" SIZE=3 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0"></BLOCKQUOTE>
<BR></FONT><FONT  COLOR="#000000" SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0">
<BR>sure, go for it. &nbsp;with self-critical neutrality, why don't you list in descending order of superiority some cultures, beliefs and practices?
<BR>
<BR>geege</FONT></HTML>

--part1_150.1ee1a8a.28ebc4d3_boundary--