[Fwd: Against Ideology]

Jeff Bone jbone@jump.net
Wed, 03 Oct 2001 01:24:41 -0500

--------------DB866039A39A335DE898A409

Woops, forgot the list, maybe this is pertinent...

--------------DB866039A39A335DE898A409

Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2001 01:24:15 -0500
From: Jeff Bone <jbone@jump.net>
To: Brian Atkins <brian@posthuman.com>
Subject: Re: Against Ideology

Brian Atkins wrote:

> Jeff Bone wrote:
> >

> (snip Jeff and Bloom rediscover what any ole evolutionary psychologist
>  could tell you about overgrown monkey behavior)

Interestingly...  there's a whole section of said book devoted to monkey
behavior.  Like most pop "science" books, this isn't devoted to discovery
rather it's devoted to spreading the recognition.  Ironic isn't it that
most humans don't even recognize when they're acting like monkeys...

> Don't have a cow man. Yes, based on what we know nowadays we can see
> that most ideologies are flawed. However there also are some relatively
> recent ones that have learned from these mistakes, and those shouldn't
> be thrown out with the others.

You and me, Brian, we're like this  --> <-- on this issue.  It's
unfortunate that so many can't recognize the same things...  if only more
people understood and internalized (and applied) evopsych.

jb

--------------DB866039A39A335DE898A409--