Death secondary to martial act (was: It just gets better and better ..)

Russell Turpin deafbox@hotmail.com
Thu, 04 Oct 2001 17:52:58 +0000

Gary Murphy writes:
>It's also worthy to remember the suffering being caused by refugee camps;
>fatalities due to preventable causes in such internment camps for innocents
>show every indication of once more eclipsing the sum
>total military casualties on both sides.

Yep.

And historically, that's not unusual. Until this century,
wars always killed more by the disease, famine, and
secondary effects, than by direct action. And it is
common that civilians suffer more such casualties than
soldiers. Even for soldiers, disease has been the major
killer. In WW I, more soldiers died from disease than
from weapons.

Russell