what was that about bombing them with food?

Bill Humphries bill@whump.com
Thu, 4 Oct 2001 21:17:48 -0700

On Thursday, October 4, 2001, at 05:12 PM, Mike Masnick wrote:

> It's funny how many peole just assumed that the US would just go in and
> kill everyone in Afghanistan.  Reasons not to make assumptions.

"Bombing" them with food is something that was discussed on some other
lists I'm on, since the Taleban and /usr/bin/laden became the prime
suspects. [1] And I'm happy to be surprised by this turn of events.

I figured that the administration would think about it and realize
saturation bombing won't do anything. But it's a great comeuppance to Ann
Coutler, and the other armchair generals.

Now let's send over the iBooks, DVDs, and hip-hugger jeans, and play the
'singing belly button ad', that'd freak the clerics.

[1] I've seen it spelled both Taleban and Taliban. Anyone know what's the
right one?

----
Bill Humphries <bill@whump.com>
http://www.whump.com/moreLikeThis/