Delaying death (Re: 2001 Ig Nobel Awards)

Tom tomwhore@inetarena.com
Fri, 5 Oct 2001 12:29:08 -0700 (PDT)

On Fri, 5 Oct 2001, Lisa Dusseault wrote:

--]I have a vague memory of this kind of thing applying to birthdays,
--]anniversaries, reunions and holidays.  That people were more likely to live
--]until just after some important desirable event, rather than just before.

My wife's father waited until the day after her Bday to shake off his
mortal coil. Last week was her birthday and three years to the day since
her father passsed on and we found ourselves in Flordia at her mothers
bedside. She could well have gone on that day but did not. She is still
hanging in there.

In all my dealings with death , few though they may be, I have
learned that there are indeed more things in heaven and earth than are
dreamt of in our philosophy.

      \ /
       X   ASCII Ribbon Campaign
      / \   Against HTML Mail